[Digikam-devel] Digikam 0.9 - some remarks

Mikolaj Machowski mikmach at wp.pl
Wed Nov 30 17:45:40 GMT 2005

Dnia wtorek, 29 listopada 2005 18:37, Caulier Gilles napisaƂ:
> > 2. Navigation in panel and in IE
> >
> >    With highly interactive C&T panel on the right using mouse in IE
> > (on the left) for navigation is cumbersome.
>
> I don't understand what you mean. Please explain me better.

Now you have navigational part on the left and C&T panel requiring high
mouse activity (switching focus, changing rating, etc.). When doing
documentation of album it demands from user constantly moving mouse
left-right-left across the screen.

I know, there are keyboard shortcuts but many (even majority) users are
I know will never use them, even when their life depends on it.

> > 3. Name in right panel navigation widget.
> >
> >    In Album view with right panels opened is navigation widget and
> >    beside is file name. It is often truncated. Maybe move it below nav
> >    widget? One line cost isn't very high.
>
> I will take a look . Any user report to remove this navigation widget.
> Any viewpoints about welcome.

Navigational widget is good, even necessary at the moment due to
problems with selection of images.

m.