[Digikam-devel] cr2 rawfile konqi vs. digiKam

Thorsten Schnebeck thorsten.schnebeck at gmx.net
Thu Nov 17 19:39:26 GMT 2005

Hi,

I don't understand this:

I have an already patched KDE setup so KDE handels CR2 not as TIFF but as RAW
image. ufraw is associated to RAW files. So in Konqi if I click RMB on a CRW
or CR2 raw file I see a "open with -> ufraw" option.

In digiKam both CRW and CR2 are set-up as RAW filetype and only as rawfile.
The tool-tip popup in album view idetifies both images as rawfile. RMB over a
CRW file in album view gives me "open with -> ufraw":
kio (KTrader): KServiceTypeProfile::offers serviceType=image/x-raw
genericServiceType=Application
kio (KTrader): query for image/x-raw : returning 2 offers

But there is no program associated to CR2 files:
kio (KTrader): query for application/octet-stream : returning 0 offers

In Konqi I get for the same file:
konqueror: trying openView for
file:///home/schnebeck/EOS/20D-Test/img_7679.cr2 (serviceType image/x-raw)
kio (KTrader): KServiceTypeProfile::offers serviceType=image/x-raw
genericServiceType=Application
konqueror: KonqMainWindow::openView image/x-raw
file:///home/schnebeck/EOS/20D-Test/img_7679.cr2 0x841b000 req:[]
libkonq: image/x-raw.desktop

So why does digiKams  kio (KTrader) not recognize CR2 as raw file?

Bye

  Thorsten