[Digikam-devel] Kritas wavelet denoiser

Thorsten Schnebeck thorsten.schnebeck at gmx.net
Fri Nov 4 08:09:42 GMT 2005

Am Donnerstag 03 November 2005 20:31 schrieb Gilles Caulier:
> Le Jeudi 3 Novembre 2005 18:10, Thorsten Schnebeck a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > Krita has a very nice new plugin: A denoiser based on
> > wavelets. Gilles this is something for you :-o)
> > http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/koffice/krita/plugins/filters/ima
> >geenhancement/ The results looks promising.
>
> Yes, look interresing. I will take a look indeep source code
> later than digiKam 0.8.0 final release.
>
> Have you tested this one really, with analog film b&w picture
> for example.
I test with 6-8 MPixel high ISO pics and "colored noise"

> It's look better than digiKam filter:
> - Despeckle (noise reduction filter coming from gimp 2.x).
> - Restauration based on CImg.
CImg on real pics is on my machine too slow. I use it up to 2
MPixel. In colored images despeckle can only be used in more
suited color mode like LAB.

> What's the speed perform ?
Quite OK - some seconds but no minute

> I can be apply to 16
> bits/color/pixel image (the future of digiKam) ?
In the code there are many many lines #IFDEF 0 or in comments. So
this is for sure work in progress. But Krita plugins should be
independed to size, layers, regions and color depth, cause Krita
already supports 16Bit/channel or floats/channel and also color
management.

Bye

  Thorsten