[Digikam-devel] 0.8 branch

Renchi Raju renchi at pooh.tam.uiuc.edu
Thu Jun 23 17:54:05 BST 2005

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005, Mikolaj Machowski wrote:

> I know you are officially not receiving bug reports for that branch but
> first five items should be fixed even before merging with main tree. The
> rest is just for company ;)
>
> 1. When started from Konsole all importing dialogs where hidden under
> Konsole.
>   Only Alt-Tab was revealing them.

what windowmanager?

> 2. Last sentence in dialog about deleting of items from database ....

i will let tom handle this.

> 3. Not properly detected encoding and subsequently broken non-ASCII
> letters in comments.

can you give details on this? where these comments already present in the
old database or did you add them new? what is your locale?

> 4. After installation from sources new KIO-slaves weren't automatically
>   registered at KCC and viewing of photos wasn't possible. Had to restart
> KDE just to be able to view protocols in KCC and check them for showing.

when you install a new kioslave, there is short delay between the
installation and registration of the kioslaves. the amount of delay is not
predictable. and its not something we can fix.

> 5. Why did you restricted access to digikam KIO-slaves? That was one of the
>   greatest features of digiKam! Easy access to photo collection from any
> KDE app.

as i have said time and again, the reason why these kioslaves were
accessible from other apps was a side-effect and not intentional.

renchi