[Digikam-devel] Imaging Library

Renchi Raju renchi at pooh.tam.uiuc.edu
Wed Jun 22 17:20:33 BST 2005

following some discussion on kde-core-devel, i have added a Raw Image
Loader to the DImage. it makes use of dcraw internally and transparently
converts to a 16 bit image and loads it up. what this means is that at
some point, you will be able to click on a raw image and edit it just like
any other image (and in full 16 bit precision).

on the topic of when we should merge this into digikam: i would think that
its not advisable to do it for 0.8.0 . Porting the plugins to this new
library is going to take a substantial amount of time and will further
delay 0.8 release. there are already a large number of exciting features
in place for 0.8 and we should take care not to bite more than we can
swallow. i propose porting to this library in 0.8.1 release.

renchi