[Digikam-devel] KimDaBa like Tag Editor

Dominik Fritz digikam at dominikfritz.de
Tue Jun 14 17:25:15 BST 2005

Am Dienstag, 14. Juni 2005 17:26 schrieb Renchi Raju:
> On Tue, 14 Jun 2005, Dominik Fritz wrote:
> > Well, you are right. The dialog I created is, at least in the current
> > form, not really intuitive and it will need some explaining.
> > For a comparison you can have a look at the KimDaBa dialog
> > http://ktown.kde.org/kimdaba/kimdaba-doc/en/doc-multi-page/image-config-w
> >indow.png so maybe with this it gets a bit clearer.
> > Due to the hierarchical structure of the Digikam tags I added the three
> > dropdowns you can see in my screenshot. These dropdowns contain all
> > existing tags and you can use them to specify which tags should be shown
> > in the corresponding listbox below i.e. in the listbox below all child
> > tags are shown.
>
> why are there three dropdown boxes? in kimdaba's case i can understand it
> being related to the three categories. And are the items shown in the
> listboxes children of the parent tag shown in the dropdown box?

I use three dropdown boxes because I had the kimdaba dialog in mind. You can
use the three dropdowns to select three different parent tags. For example I
tag my photos with Persons, Locations and some Keywords. In this case I
select in the first Dropdown as parent tag "People" in the second one for
example "Location/Spain/Pyrenees" and in the third one "Keywords". With these
settings I can quickly enter the different tags by changing the corresponding
textfield with "Tab".
If one does not use these different categories like me,  of course it would be
possible to use only one dropdown, textfield and listbox.
To answer your second question, yes the tags shown in the listbox are children
of the tag shown in the dropdown above.