[Digikam-devel] Image properties dialog feature Request (kind of ...)

Rainer Krienke krienke at uni-koblenz.de
Fri Jul 29 07:25:38 BST 2005

Hello,

editing my photos I found a missing feature in digikam 0.8 (and before).  The
problem is that when editing images the image properties dialog is modal,
i.e. when changing from one image to another I have to close it and then
reopen it to see the images meta data.

Exif data like ISO value and F-Stop etc are valuable information even when
editing an image or comparing two images regarding quality of the photo.

But since the information dialog is modal one cannot eg just switch to the
next image and compare it to the previous one as far as EXIF data is
concerned. At the moment this is very cumbersome task since it includes
closing the dialog, switching to the next image and reopening the properties
dialog.

I would find it very helpful if either this dialog could be kept open and
would always display the data of the currently edited image or if at least
one could place some of the exif information (user selectable) in the bottom
line of the image editor where at the moment e.g. the image name is placed.

I know that I can go through the images EXIF-data outside the image editor,
but then you only have previews of the image which is not enough to judge a
photo.

Thanks
Rainer
Rainer Krienke, Universitaet Koblenz, Rechenzentrum, Raum A022
Universitaetsstrasse 1, 56070 Koblenz, Tel: +49 261287 -1312, Fax: -1001312
Mail: krienke at uni-koblenz.de, Web: http://www.uni-koblenz.de/~krienke
Get my public PGP key: http://www.uni-koblenz.de/~krienke/mypgp.html