[Digikam-devel] Tagging context menu

Renchi Raju renchi at pooh.tam.uiuc.edu
Thu Jul 28 14:19:23 BST 2005

Tina Trillitzsch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> concerning item 1.2 ("Show which tags are already assigned") of my
> review of tagging
> (http://www.uni-koblenz.de/~trilliti/digikam_tagging/main.html),
> Sébastien Laoût mailed me to say that he is done implementing
> something similar for Basket. He attached some screenshots and the
> code (so you could use it for digikam if you like), which I uploaded
> to the web to save bandwidth.
> Screenshots:
> http://www.uni-koblenz.de/~trilliti/bilder/checked_menuitems/IMPLEMENTfinal.png
> Code:
> http://www.uni-koblenz.de/~trilliti/bilder/checked_menuitems/Tags-Checkbox%20Decoupled%20from%20Icon%20in%20menus%20--%20Source%20Code.txt
>
> I'll quote the pertinent bits of Sébastien's mail here and let you
> decide if you can use his code:

Hi tina,

from a quick look i have a feeling that we can't use his code. he's
using a qcustommenuitem, which is really useful only when you have a
single level of items in the popupmenu. our tags popupmenu has nesting,
i.e. submenus and the items in a menu which have submenus cannot be
painted using a custommenu. and so these items will look out of place
(not-aligned, without-checkboxes (if needed), and possibly different
color/background).

renchi