[Digikam-devel] extragear/graphics/digikam

Renchi Raju renchi at pooh.tam.uiuc.edu
Wed Jul 13 21:59:30 BST 2005

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005, Gilles Caulier wrote:

> SVN commit 434244 by cgilles:
>
> digiKam Ratio Crop tool : add an option to choise Composition Guide width.
>
> If another one had a best soltion to make composition guide more visible. Using animate guide is more complex to do. I had to try to use without success QPainter::setPen(Qt::MPenStyle) to define a personal pen mask and change it at QObject::timerEvent().
>
> Any suggestions ?

using NoRasterOp with color0 will invert the color of the Pen, making it
visible for all color backgrounds (that's what most imaging apps use for
showing lines on top of unknown backgrounds).

animation is going to be tricky, as qt doesn't allow customization of the
penstyle. you could either use x11 directly or use lots of
QPainter::drawline with computed positions (with qtimer for either)

renchi