[Digikam-devel] New tarballs.

Oliver Dörr oliver at doerr-privat.de
Fri Jul 8 15:28:45 BST 2005

Gilles Caulier wrote:

>Le Vendredi 08 Juillet 2005 04:10 PM, Achim Bohnet a écrit :
>

>>On Friday 08 July 2005 13:20, Tom Albers wrote:
>>

>>>[ Moving to digikam-devel, so Achim can read it ]
>>>

>>Thx Tom ;)

>>Hi Gilles,
>>
>>well, '-' in tarball version are not possible for deb and rpm
>>pkgs, because the -<x> is used to indicate the pkging revision.
>>
>>One can of course unpack and pack again with 0.7.3.1 as version,
>>and then pkg it.  Due to that I prefer 0.7.3.1
>>or 0.7.3b (my favorit).
>>

>OK, let's go for 0.7.3b
>

>>Just for fun from kde-commits list
>>------
>>SVN commit 432542 by binner:
>>
>>Digikam and plugins 0.7.3
>>
>>Nothing against improved documentation, but a size increase of 27MB
>>for a bugfix release!?
>>

>0.7.3 isn't just a bugfix release. read the announce with the changes list !
>
>About the doc, for 0.8.0 we will must create separate packages between
>binaries and manuals.

I like more the idea of language packs like KDE and Koffice itself has.
So that you download eg. digikam-0.8.0.tar.gz,
digikamimageplugins-0.8.0.tar.gz and the languages that you need eg.
digikam-0.8.0-de.tar.gz

digikam-0.8.0-de.tar.gz will include the german GUI and the german
documenation.

This will reduce the size of the digikam tarballs to the minimum that
you need.

Oliver