[Digikam-devel] New tarballs.

Oliver Dörr oliver at doerr-privat.de
Fri Jul 8 15:21:03 BST 2005

Achim Bohnet wrote:

>On Friday 08 July 2005 13:20, Tom Albers wrote:
>

>>[ Moving to digikam-devel, so Achim can read it ]
>>

>Thx Tom ;)

>>>Hum, i'm favorable to use 0.7.3-1 or something like that (in the tarball
>>>file name). This is the same release. It's just to fix the package
>>>creation. There is no new features.
>>>
>>>Achim, this way is correct to use in Debian ?
>>>

>Hi Gilles,
>
>well, '-' in tarball version are not possible for deb and rpm
>pkgs, because the -<x> is used to indicate the pkging revision.
>
>One can of course unpack and pack again with 0.7.3.1 as version,
>and then pkg it.  Due to that I prefer 0.7.3.1
>or 0.7.3b (my favorit).
>
>Just for fun from kde-commits list
>------
>SVN commit 432542 by binner:
>
>Digikam and plugins 0.7.3
>
>Nothing against improved documentation, but a size increase of 27MB
>for a bugfix release!?

That is the problem with the original 0.7.3 release, some languages
translations are incomplete. At least we know that 0.7.3b has german GUI
and estonian documantation that was missing in the original release. I
don't know that else might missing that is in SVN and will also be in
0.7.3b.

Perhaps we should think about building translation packages for the next
release, so that you could only install the languages that you are
really need...

Oliver
Oliver