[Digikam-devel] Moving experimental to trunk.

Achim Bohnet ach at mpe.mpg.de
Thu Jul 7 12:03:25 BST 2005

On Thursday 07 July 2005 11:09, Tom Albers wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Since experimental is behaving pretty stable and 0.7.3 is released now, I
> suggest moving experimental to trunk to get more testers.
>
> It is a pretty difficult task and I'm unable to tell you if I will be able to
> merge it back to trunk, but I can try it this weekend.

AFAIU when one merges them you loose all the history accumulated
in 0.8 experimental.  Naively I had deleted trunk (or moved to
branch/stable) and moved 0.8-experimental branch as new trunk.
I suggest to ask on extragear on advise.

> If there are no objections, I would like to try it this weekend, it would be
> nice if there are no commits in trunk or experimental this weekend so I can
> work on this.

Before this:

 o Shouldn't we copy trunk first to branch/stable?  So translator can continue
   working?  0.8-experimental introduces lots of new strings.
   Or are we definitely sure that there's no need for a quick bugfix/l10n 0.7.4
   release?

 o now with the official release: aren't we supposed to create
   tags/digikam/0.7.3  (like kst)

Achim

                                      -- reddy at lion.austin.ibm.com