[Digikam-devel] extragear/graphics/digikam/utilities/imageeditor/editor

Thorsten Schnebeck thorsten.schnebeck at gmx.net
Thu Dec 29 15:08:28 GMT 2005

Hi Gilles!
> > This is a major problem ! We cannot frozen IE during 50 s to
> > display one image (:=)))...
>
> I Finding the solution : dcraw -q (Use simple bilinear
> interpolation for quick results) give speed results with the
> right size. I will provide a new IE setup options area for RAW
> file formats decoding.

Hmm, why speed and not quality? Nobody uses RAW in terms of
speed?! "-q" needs a parameter in latest dcraw:
"-q [0-3]  Set the interpolation quality" So, maybe this could be
a loading option like in ufraw? Biliar interpolation is nomally
uses in photos with dark areas, where AHD can produce a noise
pattern.

What about the "-m" flag? IIRC raw files dont support a color
mode.

Bye

  Thorsten

P.S.
Untested, but some compiler options for optimization of dcraw can
be found on http://home.earthlink.net/~paul.j.lee/