[Digikam-devel] DigiKam Printing

Gerhard Kulzer gerhard at kulzer.net
Mon Dec 19 22:47:25 GMT 2005

Am Montag, 19. Dezember 2005 23.29 schrieb Anders Lund:
> On Monday 19 December 2005 23:23, Gerhard Kulzer wrote:
> > Gutenprint 5.0 from Gimp is what I
> > use to my total satisfaction.
>
> gimpprint is a set of printer drivers, if you configure your printer to use
> one, kdes printing system won't mind a bit.

Agreed, and the options, papers are pretty much hidden and inaccessible. Bad
GUI for photographers, good GUI for everyday bureau printing on kprinter.

 But you cannot position your print on paper as you can with gimp-print. That
is a major feature. I want to print little proofs, use half used (expensive)
sheets, and so forth. kprinter can't do that (with reasonable effort).

Gerhard