[Digikam-devel] DigiKam Printing

F.J.Cruz fj.cruz at supercable.es
Mon Dec 19 20:32:23 GMT 2005

El Lunes, 19 de Diciembre de 2005 16:22, Anders Lund escribió:
> On Monday 19 December 2005 13:04, Till Kamppeter wrote:

> Thank you for all your inspiration! Some of those was already on my radar,
> others not. I'll keep your message in my notes for digikam printing.
>
> My plan is to fix a few more things in the image editor printing before I
> move on with the wizard, which i believe needs a reorganization - partially
> to make the pages more simple, partially to achieve a deeper integration
> with kprinter/CUPS.
>
> So far I added an option to automatically rotate the page so it follows the
> orientation of the image, there is a patch for the stable branch on this
> list. Adding a 'full bleede' option to the editor printing is a good idea,
> I'll do that soon.
>
> Other immediate plans I have for the editor printing is adding a way to
> position the image on the sheet, and improving the text options to include
> image comment and EXIF data in a string to be printed with the image.
>
> All in all, this means that there will be too many options for one printer
> dialog page, so I need to reorganize things. So now is the time to yell if
> you are afraid things might be too complicated...
>
> -anders

Hi Anders,

I'm Paco Cruz from the Digikam developers team too (BTW, pleased to meet
you :-)).

I'm working to implement Color Management and printing is a target for this
feature too, so when you think that the right moment has arrived, please
contact me to plan the use of color profiles to print images.

PD: please, excuse my poor english.

Paco Cruz