[Digikam-devel] extragear/graphics/digikam/utilities/imageeditor/editor

Gerhard Kulzer gerhard at kulzer.net
Wed Dec 14 12:30:00 GMT 2005

Am Mittwoch, 14. Dezember 2005 09.33 schrieb Gilles Caulier:

> > > Hum, i suspect a problem with dcraw program and CR2 file. Can
> > > you trying with dcraw by command line to convert CR2 file to
> > > PNG for example ?
> > >
> > > Another test can be done using biblelabs (www.bibblelabs.com)
> > > program, witch using dcraw implementation inside to decode RAW
> > > files.
> > >
> > > Nota : i remember a decoding problem with a CR2 file coming
> > > from you. Do you remember the green _FROGS_ (:=))) :
> > >
> > > http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/Images_2_Test_DImg/RAW/CANON-EOS
> > >350D.CR2
> > >
> > > Gilles
> >
> > Aloha,
> >
> > seems to be the "-h" option of the two dcraw commands in
> > libs/dimg/loaders/rawloader.cpp. Drop the option and you have ful
> > sized images in IE.
>
> What the problem with -h option ? The Raw decoding speed is decreased
> without this option ? Please give me a feedback before to change...
>
> Gilles

Gilles, without the -h option it works as it should, I get the correct picture
size. Reading the dcraw help it is clear that -h divides the image by 4. So
there is no problem with dcraw, we have to leave out -h.

The downside is that it is very slow, for my cr2 of 3474x2312 pixels it takes
50sec to convert on a 3GHz i386 machine.

Gerhard