[Digikam-devel] Showfoto

Caulier Gilles caulier.gilles at free.fr
Sun Aug 28 11:54:46 BST 2005

Le Lundi 22 Août 2005 23:59, Tom Albers a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> When you open showfoto with an image, you are limited to that one image you
> gave at the command line.
>
> This patch adds a ctrl-shift-o to showfoto, which reads in all images in
> the folders of the current images, so the thumbar is filled with all images
> in those folders. Very handy if I may say so.  This is also wish 96993
>
> I think it is wise to hold this patch for 0.8.1, but in the meanwhile it is
> best someone looks at it and screams what I did wrong. Remember I'm still
> learning.
>
> I'm not proud of the KImageIO usage, but I fail to see how KImageIO can
> create a QString which I can feed to QDir as a filter, the more prefered
> way imho. Also I assumed there I can not read the list which is available
> in digiKam.
>
> Tom

I will merged your patch in my current showfoto implementation using
SideBar.

Actually, i had added a new thumbar implemention option to change orientation
of thumbar widget (vertically or horizontally). A screenshot :

http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/showfotowithhorizontalthumbar.png

Horizontal thumbar respect better image aspect ratio when Side bar is enable.
This way is also used by M$ Explorer in WinXp using photo album mode :

http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/OthersSoftware/Office_XP/IE_photoalbum.PNG

I will try to add an experimental implementation of a new SideBaron the left
to show HDD folders without files like in kdevelop. Select one folder in this
tab displaying images content in showfoto.

A nice day