[Digikam-devel] Image Properties SideBar implementation progress...

Caulier Gilles caulier.gilles at free.fr
Thu Aug 25 10:13:56 BST 2005

Le Mercredi 24 Août 2005 16:41, vous avez écrit :
> > Any comments welcome. Thanks in advance
>
> I really appreciate this work.
>
> Just some thoughts:
>
> The item navigator widget might be slightly separated from the main part of
> the tab, so as to indicate that this tab refers to the selected image
> (rather than the whole main view as the tag filter tab), or - in
> multiple-selected-images-mode - to all selected images.

Hum we need to discut this point with the team before...

> I would change the tab order: "Tag filters" at the top, then space, then
> "Comments and tags", then exif, histogramm.

Exif and Histogram are on the top to preserve GUI between MainInterface/IE
 and Showfoto. Because Showfoto don't support digiKam database, Comments &
 tag and tag filter have non-sence in this stand alone editor. Exif and
 Histogram on the right-top make an homogenous place. I think it's better for
 user. But this point can be changed very easily. We can fix it in the future
 accordinly with users request.

> I still like the eye-candy of amarok's context tab, using html+css to
> display contextual/general information. You just removed the general tab,
> but it may be nice to display information in such a way about a single
> image, multiple images or the whole main view (number of images, date
> range, tags or albums in this group, e.g. all "People" tags, offering some
> actions such as "Show slideshow", "Open in image editor", "Open in <some
> description for showfoto>", "Search for similar images" etc.)

Like Joern had explain it in previous thread, the current General tab bloat
the GUI. We need to discut about this point with the team later...