[Digikam-devel] Crash, when trying to create new album and an existing album is selected.

Joern Ahrens joern.ahrens at kdemail.net
Tue Aug 23 22:44:23 BST 2005

On Tuesday 23 August 2005 20:54, Cyrill Helg wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm using beta1 of version 0.8: When I select an album and go to the menu
> for creating a new one, digikam crashes with the following:

I cannot reproduce that error but...

> This happens with every album. BTW a question: Is it possble to create sub
> albums? I think not... Am i right?

... I guess you are in the collection view and try to add a new album to a
collection name (this caused actually a crash, but is solved by the patch
mentioned below).
Nested albums are certainly possible but you have to chose the view "sort by
folders" instead of "sort by collection". View->Sort Albums

I've just added a patch to svn, which enables/disables the items in the album
menu, depending on the selected item in the folderview. Can you compile from
svn and check, if your problem is gone?

... Jörn