[Digikam-devel] Trying to translate Flickr

Tom Albers tomalbers at kde.nl
Tue Aug 23 22:19:41 BST 2005

Op dinsdag 23 augustus 2005 23:09, schreef Vardhman Jain:
> On 24/08/05, Oliver Dörr <oliver at doerr-privat.de> wrote:
> >  Hi,
> >
> >  regarding the server and his answers.
> >
> >  There are no words for read, write and delete in the .po file. So i
> > think that we need a little trick to get them there. I believe that the
> > code is simply saving the answer of the server inside a variable. So what
> > we need is code like
> >
> >  if (server_return == "Write")
> > {server_return=i10n("Write");}   // Is i10n still the
> > function for the strings to be translated?
>
> simply
> QString server_return=i10n(server_return) ;//if i10n exists
> or tr() should do. If cases are really required, I guess.

the values of server_return will not be in the po file, you can force the
values of the server_return to exist in the po file by using a
i18n_noop("write") construction. Please look at the manual:
http://developer.kde.org/documentation/other/developer-faq.html#q2.11.2

But I think Olivers solution is better and easier.

I see several i18() missing in flick. Can you fix them?

Tom

http://www.kde.nl | http://www.digikam.org |irc: toma | toma at jabber.kovoks.nl