[Digikam-devel] SideBar support in ShowFoto and Image Editor

Renchi Raju renchi at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 07:38:53 BST 2005

On 8/17/05, Caulier Gilles <caulier.gilles at free.fr> wrote:
> I'm agree with you. Renchi, Joern, Tom, are you agree to move thumbbar to the
> bottom ?

This is assuming that the sidebar implementation goes in the 0.8
release. I still have issues with it. I don't really see a pressing
need why this can't wait till 0.8.1. From what i can see there is
still a lot of work which needs to be done before the new sidebar
implementation is readily usable and stable. And the code being lost
is not a serious enough justification. There are plenty of other
places where you can place the code, like at digikam.free.fr or bko.

I would rather have the focus being on getting a release out quickly
and fixing any problems with the critical parts like the database
change, main view changes, the new search implementations and the
backend changes. And be assured that we have not uncovered all the
bugs associated with those changes.

Finally, these are just my opinions and any decision made has to be group one.

renchi