[Digikam-devel] SideBar support in ShowFoto and Image Editor

Mikolaj Machowski mikmach at wp.pl
Wed Aug 17 09:58:44 BST 2005

Dnia wtorek 16 sierpień 2005 23:11, Caulier Gilles napisał:
> 2/ New tarball with Image Editor using SideBar ! Any screenshots :
>
> http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/imageditorwithsidebar1.png
> http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/imageditorwithsidebar2.png
> http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/imageditorwithsidebar3.png
> http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/imageditorwithsidebar4.png
>
> http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/imageeditorsidebar.tar.gz

Nirvana :)

But as usual few comments ;)

1. To Joel: General view may be used as port to KIPI-plugins or more
   visual way of access to digikamimageplugins. Examples:

   - make Name: label button (or link) and call rename dialog window
     Here would be just better to make name input field like in
     properties window of Konqueror - and make it rather in
     Comments&Tags view - put all editable fields in one panel.
   - make Type: label button (or link) and call appropriate windows
   - etc.

   OTOH - In status bar is not enough info to completely replace general
   tab and if you prefer to remove it at least two things should be
   added: data and weight.

2. In Comments&Tags panel I think Comments window could be smaller. For
   me it has 15 lines of height and takes half of window height. It
   could be safely made 10 or even 8 lines. Retrieved space could be
   used for filename change and/or tag window. Ahh. And in future there
   will be rating system (I hope).

3. When filtering tags and there is no searched phrase background
   has some dusty pinky colour. It doesn't look, hmmm...., no good word
   - seriously? Apart from other issues such thing should be unified
   across KDE. KPDF for example uses pure red as background and text
   becomes white.

4. I don't like displaying of Tags/Comments in General tab. There is
   enough space to show them completely. No need for truncating them.
   And labels should be aligned top alongside their contents. Currently
   it is:

      +--------+-----------+
      | Comm:  |           |
      +--------+-----------+
      |        | tag/tag   |
      | Tag    | tag...tag |
      +--------+-----------+

   Should be:

      +--------+-----------+
      | Comm:  |           |
      +--------+-----------+
      | Tag    | tag/tag   |
      |        | tag...tag |
      +--------+-----------+

   And more logical (at least for me) order would be Tag - Comment, not
   Comment - Tag. Tag describes position of photo in whole collection of
   images and Comment applies only to this image. Order of information
   should be from top to bottom (the same apply to other places where
   this info is visible).

   I would prefer to keep General tab for one reason - there should be
   place to view comments without any danger of changing or even
   destroying them.

m.

ps. BTW - what is the proper nomenclature - is it General view, General
    tab or General panel?

Vim Universal Templates
CLEWN - http://clewn.sf.net