[Digikam-devel] SideBar support in ShowFoto and Image Editor

Caulier Gilles caulier.gilles at free.fr
Wed Aug 17 07:17:58 BST 2005

Le Mardi 16 Août 2005 23:25, Joern Ahrens a écrit :
> On Tuesday 16 August 2005 23:11, Caulier Gilles wrote:
> > http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/imageditorwithsidebar1.png
>
> I still think the general view is needless and only bloats the gui.
> Some information isn't needed here (owner, permissions,..) and most of the
> other things are available in the status bar. We shouldn't add it.

 I had just reproduce all properties dialog tabs. I will do it later.

> > http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/imageditorwithsidebar2.png
> > http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/imageditorwithsidebar3.png
>
> Especially the histogram view looks much better now.

I need to optimize the gui to use QButtonGroup instead any QComboBox.

> > http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/imageditorwithsidebar4.png
>
> Yeah, the sidebar is cool ;-) and this view too.

I need to optimize performance. No need to update tab informations if tab
isn't actived/selected for example.

Other possible idea : put "EXif", "histogram" and "Comments & Tags" tabs to
the right of the main GUI, under "Tags Filter", and remove
Image/Comments&Tags/Properties dialog. Make common image sidebar between IE
and main window (like old dialogs).

Your viewpoints ?

I'm still waiting Renchi viewpoints before to commit the code.