[Digikam-devel] digikam Image rating

Owen Hirst n8rider at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 16 15:43:30 BST 2005

Attached third version of patch:
* Fixes a minor bug where the star color was not set correctly when
Default theme was used
* Better center the stars under the icon.

--- Mikolaj Machowski <mikmach at wp.pl> wrote:

> 1. Color. This black is ugly. For given stars I would suggest
>    yellow/gold.

The color is set from the theme, so that the stars are clearly visible
independent of the background color of the thumbnail item. There was a
minor bug when Default theme was used (see above).

> 2. Assigning 5 or 0 stars in c/t editor is awkward. I would suggest
>    making areas on the sides of stars sensitive (maybe give them some
>    color like in weeks of Date panel?). Click on the left removes all
>    stars, click on the right gives highest note.

To assign 5 stars, you just click on the 5th star. clicking it again
with make it unselect it and make it 4 stars. Similarly to make it 0
star, click on 1st star and click again. Another way to accomplish the
above two tasks is to click anywhere and sweep arrow to left (for 0
stars) or to right (for 5 stars)

> 4. Well done graphical context menu. One doubt: is that margin on
> both sides necessary?

That's added by qt/kde. I have no control over that.

> 3. Full patch should include possibility for advanced search by
> rating:
>    Tools->Advanced Search:
> 5. Couldn't find Rating in main menu. Maybe add this to Tools?

You are right about these features. But I have tried to keep the patch
to a minimum. If and when this patch is accepted, the other features
can be added. Otherwise, I will have to keep on updating the patch to
keep in sync with the SVN tree and adding more features right now will
make the task more difficult

Owen