[Digikam-devel] digikam Image rating

Mikolaj Machowski mikmach at wp.pl
Tue Aug 16 10:06:29 BST 2005

Dnia wtorek 16 sierpień 2005 01:06, Owen Hirst napisał:
> --- Owen Hirst <n8rider at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have attached a patch which implements the following:
> > * Allow Rating of Images
> > * Allow sorting based on ratings

Tested 2nd version of patch.

Great thing!

Few comments though:

1. Color. This black is ugly. For given stars I would suggest
   yellow/gold. Similarly in comments/tag editor. Given stars should be
   yellow. For sure not blue - there should be consistency among various
   views. If you want to keep black as given stars make unselected stars
   in c/t editor grey or outlines.
2. Assigning 5 or 0 stars in c/t editor is awkward. I would suggest
   making areas on the sides of stars sensitive (maybe give them some
   color like in weeks of Date panel?). Click on the left removes all
   stars, click on the right gives highest note.

   Currently to remove rating in c/t editor you have to click on one of
   stars and drag left. Hardly intuitive.

3. Full patch should include possibility for advanced search by rating:
   Tools->Advanced Search:

   - Category: Rating
   - Condition: Equals, Better, Worse
   - Possibilities: none, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 stars <- graphically like in
     context menu ("none" for finding not rated images).

4. Well done graphical context menu. One doubt: is that margin on both
   sides necessary?
5. Couldn't find Rating in main menu. Maybe add this to Tools?

m.

Vim Universal Templates
CLEWN - http://clewn.sf.net