[Digikam-devel] New version of selector for Image Editor

Caulier Gilles caulier.gilles at free.fr
Wed Aug 10 11:19:48 BST 2005

Le Mercredi 10 Août 2005 00:43, Alex Gontmakher a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I've done a new version of the selector for the Image Editor. Please
> find the diff file (generated by svn diff) at
> http://www.cs.technion.ac.il/~gsasha/selectorv3.diff
> <http://www.cs.technion.ac.il/%7Egsasha/selectorv3.diff>.
>
> The changes this time:
> 1. Most of the functionality of the selector works (I didn't take care
> of ghost selection yet, will probably do something smarter, such as
> selection preservation through zoom).
> 2. Refactored the Histogram code:
>   - Histogram is rendered by a dedicated class
>   - Histogram moving is accomplished by yet another dedicated class,
> similarly to Selector. If the idea gets acceptance, it's very easy to
> implement histogram resizing as well.
>   - I took the liberty of removing the thread that did histogram
> rendering. Doesn't look that it added much to the overall
> responsibility, as the time to compute the histo is comparable to the
> time needed to load the image
>   - I added a new mode of histogram rendering - all three channels at
> once. Take a look (currently, drawing "Alpha" does this).
> 3. Histogram is painted directly on the image. As a result, the
> histogram doesn't flicker any more, but it doesn't render on the black
> portions of the screen. Must think of a clean way to fix this.
> 4. Lots of small refactoring, like removing unnecessary variables,
> simplifying expressions etc.
>
> So again this time,
> 1. Tell me if you like it or not.
> 2. Renchi, Gilles -> are you going to accept it?
> 3. If the answer to 2) is "yes", please do some testing and tell me of
> any problems you find other than what described above.

Renchi and me are currently in holliday. I just reading my mail during this
period. I recommend you to make a file in B.K.O like a new wish with your
patch. Like this, nothing will be lost...

I have no free time to check your code. I wil do it later...

IMPORTANT : Tom, for any problem in the real life, I'm back in my office in 2
weeks, not 1 week.