[Digikam-devel] Is it save to use 0.8?

Tom Albers toma at kovoks.nl
Tue Aug 2 15:53:28 BST 2005

Op dinsdag 2 augustus 2005 17:33, schreef Caulier Gilles:
> > I know some sql, so if some changes have to be made, that i can fix with
> > sql-ing around in the database its not a big problem.
>
> Tom, can you respond to him about this subject ?

Yes. Database structure has changed a lot, but will not change anymore for
0.8. We are still encouraging people who start 0.8 for the first time, to
start digikam from a console and mail the output on the console to this
mailinglist.

We are not completely sure about the conversion utility, because it is pretty
hard to test without having different database files and would like to see
the output from a few dozen people before we will start encouraging less
experienced people to use the 0.8 serie.

By mailing us the debug output we can see if all is ok, this is not only for
the conversion script, but also for the first run of the new scanLib used.

So, you should be fine && you can help us.

Tom