Enzyme's classify doesn't work correctly

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Mon Nov 12 00:01:28 UTC 2012

On Sun, Nov 11, 2012 at 5:05 PM, Marta Rybczynska
<kde-i18n at rybczynska.net>wrote:

> I have seen it once or twice, but never on my local copy, which is way
> easier to debug.
> Are there any conditions you can think of that trigger the problem?
> Latency, packet losses...
> I can simulate everything in this area if I know what :)
>
> Thanks,
> Marta
>
> Aleix Pol wrote:
> > On Sat, Nov 10, 2012 at 12:33 AM, Myriam Schweingruber <myriam at kde.org
> >wrote:

> classified and
> never

> > > This only happens to me when I don't classify within a certain time
> > > frame, as there is a time-out. So maybe instead of selecting up to
> > > hundred commits try doing less and save early?
> > >

> > > Regards, Myriam
> > >
> > > --
> > > Proud member of the Amarok and KDE Community
> > > Protect your freedom and join the Fellowship of FSFE:
> > > http://www.fsfe.org
> > > Please don't send me proprietary file formats,
> > > use ISO standard ODF instead (ISO/IEC 26300)
> > >

> > I've been doing that, but it feels slow and we're wastes contributors'
> time
> > (and we're short on those). Isn't there anyone confident enough with the
> > codebase to look it up?
> >
> > Aleix

Hmm.. As myriam pointed to, it has happened to me when I tried to complete
a full list of classification, it's quite slow both because you have to
read most of the message and because the UI is a bit uncomfortable for me.

So I guess the thing by timing out. I'm unsure there's much packet-loss but
I've experienced it using my local wifi network at home.

Aleix

PS: I also found out that the message "N commits saved" is wrong for
classify (it usually says 94, regardless of how many commits I've touched).