Akademy talk proposal

Roger Pixley skreech2 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 16:17:20 UTC 2012

I've been having pretty good success with asking devs and having them be
happy about the chance to speak more on their project. I've only met with
one person who wasn't thrilled and that was because they had a great deal
of work surrounding them (And indeed they have not come back to me with an
article).

However I can't say wht the response would be when they would like to
request an article from a particular commit and we don't deem that as
necessary. however I do like the idea if it could be tuned.

Marta, It's a good idea for a talk and once that I'm sure will be
interesting. It could outlay the role of the digest in the community and
help people to see all the ways that everyone could benefit from their
involvement :-) Could you drop a mention about filling in the profile for
stats? it's a nice way to round out the coding community's knowledge of
itself.