Commit Digest and Dot

Stuart Jarvis stuart.jarvis at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 18:17:50 CEST 2011

Hey Vlad,

(by the way, I think we're all on the digest list so no need to cc me)

On Wednesday 23 March 2011 17:03:53 Vladislav Blanton wrote:
> Well, it seems to me that wednesday would be a good day to have it go live
> on the Dot each week. We currently aim to have the digest ready by tuesday
> evening (wed morning at the latest).

Given turnaround times on the Dot we'd probably need a bit more of a margin.
It used to be that the Danny would publish the digest a week later (i.e. on
the Sunday after the date the digest referred to. But if you guys are getting
these done mostly by Tuesday we can surely go a bit earlier.

How about Friday as a candidate? Article submitted/uploaded by Wednesday, then
a full day to give someone time to check it before publishing on Friday?

> As for being on the dot editors list, I'd be happy to give it a try. Just
> fill me in on the basics and I should be able to go from there!

Take a look at:
http://community.kde.org/Promo/Dot

And particularly:
http://community.kde.org/Promo/Dot/Drupal

You won't need much of the information in that as the Commit Digest articles
are pretty simple and you're basically formatting them great already. We're
mostly just copying and pasting what you send us into a form in Drupal :-)

I'll try start off the process of getting you set up as a dot editor and email
you directly.

Cheers,
Stu