please remember the 5% rule!

Marco Krohn marco.krohn at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 30 18:46:23 CET 2011

On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 5:18 AM, Vladislav Blanton <vblanton at gmail.com> wrote:

> However, we are still selecting more than 2 times the amount of commits to
> include than we ought to.
> Please remember the 5% rule when reviewing commits!

Good point! In the last couple of days I tried to omit many minor bug
related commits and thus reduce the number somewhat. On the other and
I had in mind that we had less commits since most of KDE has switched
from subversion to git. It is hard to say exactly, but I think I
selected around 7%-8% commits of the 2,500 commits I reviewed last
week. Right now, the only measure I use for my estimations is the
number of selected commits when going through a package of 100. For a
better orientation it would be great if the number of selected commits
could be added to the "my stats" page (though I do not know how
difficult that would be to add).

Thanks and have a nice day,
  Marco