AW: Digest #161 (2010-12-12)

Danny Allen danny at commit-digest.org
Thu Jan 13 13:09:30 CET 2011

> So you are editing the commit messages? Did I understand this correctly?

Only very very lightly - like if someone wrote "tanks for the memories" > thanks is obviously misspelt - often i'll even leave these in.

The most important is to break big blocks of text up, by putting some of the sentences onto new lines and adding blank lines between paragraphs (it is very difficult to automate this).

Finally, sometimes there is stuff like CCMAIL: left in because the person wrote the message in a way which fools the processing script, so they too should be removed.

Let me know if you have any more questions,
Danny