Fwd: KDE Telepathy Commit Digest

Roger Pixley skreech2 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 16:32:33 CET 2011

Made some changes and got them approved by David  I created a digest for
yesterday and put in the following copy

Pace in KDE telepathy has been lively in the past few weeks. Many
 components  have been successfully updated to the new ,
http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/doc/telepathy-qt4, Telepathy-Qt0.5 API and
are getting quite stable.

 On the weekend of Jan 8-9  we held a online hack session for working on the
accounts configuration page. The results were fantastic; quite a few people
joined
 to  help out, many till early hours of the morning who were then back the
 next day to submit yet more patches to reviewboard! Many thanks to everyone
 who helped out.

 The user interface looks a lot cleaner thanks to a lot of work by Thomas
 Richard and myself and we now have plugins to set up accounts on a range of
 different protocols. Lasse Liehu wrote the interface for configuring IRC
 accounts and Domme Schmidt finished the graphical configuration for ICQ,
 and AOL is well underway. This is all on top of the existing Jabber and MSN
 implementations. It's coming together to look like a polished application.

 Whilst several components are ready other key parts , such as the Library
of widgets, KJobs and the contact list, still need a bit of care.
However, we are making good progress and steadily moving towards having a
decent very early beta within a few months time.

You can get more information about the project at the KDE Community Wiki
which also has contact points in case you want to help

Where should I upload the pictures?

Not quite sure what's wanted, I've looked back at some back issues of the
digest, here goes a draft:

---

Pace in KDE telepathy has been lively in the past few weeks. Many components
have been successfully updated to the new Telepathy-Qt0.5 API, and are
getting
quite stable.

Last weekend we held a online hack session for working on the accounts
configuration page. The results were fantastic; quite a few people joined to
help out, many till early hours of the morning who were then back the next
day
to submit yet more patches to reviewboard! Many thanks to everyone who
helped
out.

The user interface looks a lot cleaner thanks to a lot of work by Thomas
Richard and myself and we now have plugins to set up accounts on a range of
different protocols. Lasse Liehu wrote the interface for configuring IRC
accounts and Domme Schmidt finished the graphical configuration for ICQ, and
AOL
is well underway. This is all on top of the existing Jabber and MSN
implementations. It's coming together to look like a polished application.

Whilst several components are ready other key parts still need a bit of
care,
however, we are making good progress and steadily moving towards having a
decent very early beta within a few months time.

---

If you put in any links could you put them to here
http://community.kde.org/Real-Time_Communication_and_Collaboration/

I've also thrown in some images, feel free to use them, or not.