Commit Digest and Dot

Danny Allen danny at commit-digest.org
Tue Apr 5 10:19:09 CEST 2011

I agree, it was quite demotivating for me when I did the Digest myself to do all that work and see little or no comments on the Dot, even though I knew it was quite highly read.

As a long time Dot editor, I know the whole backstory surrounding the comment situation, but even taking into account its goals, I consider the policy a failure. I will look at sending an email to the Dot list to start a discussion about this (although i'm not sure how simple technically it is for them to turn off the authentication system now...)

Cheers,
Danny