Oxygen Commit-digest write up

Marco Krohn marco.krohn at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 29 14:41:43 CET 2010

Hi all,

On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 9:28 PM, Alexander van Loon
<a.vanloon at alexandervanloon.nl> wrote:
> Maybe I’m a bit perfectionist, but I think it’s difficult not to overlap
> with Planet KDE in this regard. After seeing all the commits for Muon
> for example I considered contacting Jonathan Thomas, but he already beat
> me to it by writing about the changes on his blog –
> http://jontheechidna.wordpress.com/ – so that it’s no longer suitable
> for the Commit Digest.

I do not see any problems with some overlap with Planet KDE (not
everyone reading dot.kde.org also reads all blogs). Also, I consider
the core of the Commit Digest, i.e., the selected commit messages,
already very valuable (and it seems that many readers think about it
the same). Thus, having some content (maybe a slightly improved
version of a blog post) is more than good enough, IMHO.

best regards,
  Marco