Greetings and first steps

Edson Contreras Cárdenas edrecon at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 12:47:17 UTC 2016

Hello everyone,

My name is Edson Contreras and I want to join this devel group. For last
three and a half years I've been working daily in a software using c++ and
Qt and this year we successfully moved from gcc-4.7 to gcc-5.2(c++11) and
from Qt-4.7 to Qt-5.6. That's why I want to get involved in a opensource
community in order to help with what I've learned and continue learning of
these frameworks and what better than KDE.

After reading a little bit the Junior jobs list in KDE web page, I decided
to join this team because I believe that could help faster. However I had a
few issues running my built version in my machine.

After some debug I realized that was a pragma in code notifying that
crashes with kf5. So, my questions are: Did you fix this and I'm using an
old git clone? Should I work in a VM in order to have a "compatible"
environment? If so, Which version? Which packages? How can I assign to me
the Junior job?

Thanks for your help, and I hope help the development soon 😀

P.D.: I'm using kubuntu 16.04 with all packages up to date on a MSI laptop

Regards,
Edson