[BUG299433] Problem while downloading image

Daniel Kreuter daniel.kreuter85 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 21:22:53 UTC 2014

Hi,

I'm using Choqok's MediaManager to download images from twitter, but
without success.

For downloading the image the MediaManager uses the following piece of code:

KIO::Job *job = KIO::storedGet( srcUrl, KIO::NoReload,
KIO::HideProgressInfo);

srcUrl contains the correct image url (as KUrl). So far everything is fine.

But once the signal result (KJob*) is called, I get only an html page from
my internet provider with an dnserror and I don't know why.

Calling the srcUrl in my Webbrowser works as expected, but through KIO::Job
I don't get the image I request.

Has anyone an idea if my code is wrong or something in kdelibs?
(The piece of code I'm talking about is in the project Choqok, file
mediamanager.cpp lines 92 to 140)

Cheers,

Daniel