[BUG325071] Ideas for reworking the UI for the friendslist

Daniel Kreuter daniel.kreuter85 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 19:16:05 UTC 2014

Hi,

while thinking of how to fix this bug I came up with an idea how to rework
the UI a bit.

I'm thinking of the dropdown list with 5000+ friends in it and finding the
right person I want to send a PM, not very great because you'll propably
searching too long (don't know how realistic such big lists are because
mine are < 100).

A way I came up with while reading a blog post written by Aaron Seigo a few
days ago was, to switch from dropdownlist to a listview and add pagination
to it. The list would contain only 100 friends per page and the user would
be able to switch between pages using two buttons (forward and back). I
don't know exactly how this will look like but I wanted to ask for feedback
before starting to hack on the UI first.

This would actually avoid writing a thread for fetching every friend at
once because we would only need to update (and propably cache I think) the
ones needed next.

Kind regards,

Daniel