Using the Choqok ML as bug default assignee

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 18:53:40 UTC 2014

On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 2:37 AM, Mehrdad Momeny <mehrdad.momeny at gmail.com>
wrote:

> It's set now, new bugs will be assigned to ML. Old ones aren't changed due
> to traffic issue on servers.

Sorry for the late answer, got to this just now.

Fwiw, we at kde-telepathy did the same thing. And then reverted it again.
It was just too much traffic
and the actual discussions got lost in the bug mails. Same was with Plasma.
And possibly other projects.

What we did in kde-telepathy was to create a separate mailing lists only
for bugs, so whoever wanted
to actually follow the bugs could just sign up there as well.

Also speaking from experience and talks with other developers, people are
usually not interested in project
bugs as much as project discussions happening on -devel list.

Just my 2c :)

Cheers
--
Martin Klapetek | KDE Developer