Krita donation proposal

Pierre pinaraf at pinaraf.info
Tue Nov 16 13:24:42 GMT 2021

On Tuesday, November 16, 2021 11:35:21 AM CET Halla Rempt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The KDE e.V. board still sits on this money, since there's almost nothing
> happening in calligra land. Of everything that used to be Calligra, only
> Plan and Krita show activity. Kexi also seems dormant. But the board needs
> to spend that money, so what should we do?
>
> Not that I want to be greedy, but if Calligra cannot spend it on anything,
> I'm find with taking a larger share for Krita... And is there a way to
> spend it on Plan?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Halla Rempt

Hi

There have been discussions recently regarding these funds to use them to pay
some developer time on calligra (code cleanup & fixes, upgrade to KF6/Qt6 in
due time, new OpenDocument format supports…). These discussions happened in
the past months, with the last email exchange being one or two weeks ago.
The information I had was that these were 'marked bills', usable only for
Calligra and not for Krita. If we can share, let's share, sure.

Regards

 Pierre