Re: Clazy fixes and CI…

Camilla Boemann cbo at boemann.dk
Sat Feb 13 13:52:22 GMT 2021

I'd say just do it.

The code i work on at work uses the new style too, and apart from a few places with overloaded signals or slots it is really easy to work with

On 13/02/2021 14.43.59, Pierre <pinaraf at pinaraf.info> wrote:
Hi

In order to rejuvenate a bit some parts of the code base, I am looking into
Clazy, especially the old-style connect fixit. In several projects, switching
away from these made the application more reliable, with issues being catched
at build time instead of run time.
Do you see any reason not to do that? I plan to do it on words and its libs
first since that's what I will test the most, but if you want I can do it on
the whole project.
After that cleanup is done, I will start looking into setting up a CI and
running the unit tests we have automatically in gitlab. I think this could
lower the entry barrier for new/junior developers… If somebody else already
tried/did that, any feedback/hint/help is welcome obviously.

Cheers

Pierre