Minimum dependency versions

Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen admin at leinir.dk
Thu Feb 11 09:50:11 GMT 2021

On Wednesday, 10 February 2021 22:48:53 GMT Pierre wrote:
> On Wednesday, February 10, 2021 8:45:23 PM CET Camilla Boemann wrote:
> > I agree let's move ahead. We can't be defined by what Jolla does and needs
> >
> > However let's only do it if development is going to pick up. No need to
> > annoy Jolla and then for everything to stall.
>
> Well if everything stalls, it won't be an issue for them since they won't
> have much to gain from updating anyway…
>
> Should we proceed one LTS at a time, or just jump to 5.12, disable
> deprecated APIs and move forward from there?

  Hm... Not super sure, but given the amount of effort we'll need to pour into
that anyway, would it make sense for us to split off a Calligra 4 branch for
Qt6 work at this point (or call master that branch, and put v3 into a branch)?
Or does that seem premature, and perhaps it would make more sense for
preparation work to be done on a branch with a Qt 5.15 requirement? (which
supposedly will make the port to qt6 simpler when it does happen)
  I realise that's not answering any questions, but also it feels like
probably a decision we'll really want to be making sooner rather than later,
so we can avoid time passing us by again...

--
..dan / leinir..
http://leinir.dk/