Minimum dependency versions

Pierre pinaraf at pinaraf.info
Wed Feb 10 18:45:45 GMT 2021

On Wednesday, February 10, 2021 9:30:43 AM CET Adam Pigg wrote:
> I wish!!! ... try qt 5.6!
>
> On Wed, 10 Feb 2021 at 08:14, Halla Rempt <boud at valdyas.org> wrote:
> > On Wednesday, 10 February 2021 08:44:54 CET Pierre wrote:
> > > Is there a lot of people still trying to build Calligra with Qt 5.3 or
> > > KF5
> > > 5.7.0 ? These are years old, and I guess building Calligra with them has
> > > been untested for some time.
> >
> > I think that the Jolla people still build the documents application with
> > Qt 5.9.
> >
> > --
> > https://www.krita.org

I created this MR then :
    https://invent.kde.org/office/calligra/-/merge_requests/10

At least it's no longer Qt 5.3 / KF 5.7, and a bunch of deprecated stuff is
cleaned up (I built locally disabling deprecated Qt APIs).

But Jolla decided to stay at Qt 5.6 out of fear from LGPLv3, as far as I
understand. Does it means Calligra would have to be stuck in an untested
setup? I no longer have a Jolla phone, do they update from Calligra
frequently? And is there a lot of people still building with Qt 5.6 and
testing so we are sure there is no regressions there?