Minimum dependency versions

Camilla Boemann cbo at boemann.dk
Wed Feb 10 08:35:14 GMT 2021

Hi Pierre

Long time no see indeed

I myself is only reading mails and answering some reviews now and then.

Camilla

On 10/02/2021 08.45.13, Pierre <pinaraf at pinaraf.info> wrote:
Hello friends

Long time no see, how are you all?
Life and health have kept me away from this project for too long, but as you
may have seen from the merge requests in gitlab I am trying to come back a
bit.
I am looking at the build warnings right now, and a lot of them are about
deprecations, that's easy to fix so I will look into them (this may also ease
future Qt6 transition, who knows). But the current minimum version
requirements from CMakeLists.txt are a bit low.
Is there a lot of people still trying to build Calligra with Qt 5.3 or KF5
5.7.0 ? These are years old, and I guess building Calligra with them has been
untested for some time.
May I suggest updating to Qt 5.12 / KF5 5.60 ? This would be a first step, and
will make it easier to fix deprecation warnings in a way that should work with
all supported Qt and KF5 versions.

Regards

Pierre Ducroquet