T12815: Create Calligra Framework by separating out applications and libraries

Damien Caliste noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Mar 14 09:31:39 GMT 2020

dcaliste added a comment.

  As a nobody, my opinion on the rightfullness to split or not the repository is of no interest. But what I like in the proposition of @leinir is the target to separate the "engine" from the UI (_i.e._ the widgetery). As an example (hopefully not outdated), the "find" classes, the one to search and replace, are deeply liked to the widgets that control them. It makes it impossible to reuse these class in a UI different from the original one.

  Separating the repositories is a way to enforce this engine _vs._ UI design. But it can also be achieved in the monolithic repo, by removing the dependencies to `kowidgets` in the CMakeLists for instance. I would be happy to join any task that would goes in that direction.

TASK DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/T12815