D25008: Add XLSX spreadsheets import optimisations for small/readonly devices

Damien Caliste noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Oct 28 15:35:49 GMT 2019

dcaliste added a comment.

  @davidllewellynjones, I hadn't time yet to test the patch, but the idea and implementation is already looking great in my opinion. Maybe, just one remark after looking at the proposed additions: not saving the formale, but the values should not be named read-only. Indeed, maybe in the future, we would like to be able to "inspect" the content of a cell, even on portable devices. Being able to read the formulae should then be possible, even if not for modification. I may suggest the following naming changes (functionality to load by values to help loading time is great) :

  - MSOOXML_IMPORT_READ_ONLY -> MSOOXML_IMPORT_BY_VALUES or MSOOXML_IMPORT_VALUES_ONLY
  - MSOOXML::readonlySpreadsheet() -> MSOOXML::byValuesSpreadsheet() or MSOOXML::valuesOnlySpreadsheet()

REPOSITORY
  R8 Calligra

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D25008