D25254: Remove flow, not needed since karbon can do it all

Dag Andersen noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Nov 11 13:23:32 GMT 2019

danders added a comment.

  Yeah, well.
  If flow had some special functionallity that made it much easier to crate flow charts, I would also be reluctant to just remove it.
  As it stands flow has nothing special, it is only a few line of code actually, and as I see it, the karbon ui is very similar to flow.
  Granted, karbon can do a lot more, but I don't think it is disturibing the user as this is 'hidden' in separate menus.

  Also, on a technical note, having two apps that handle the same mimetype (they are using the odg file format both) confuses the filter system.
  E.g: You might try to open an svg file in karbon, but it might be opened in flow. In this case the only thing you can do as is to uninstall flow.

  If you look to LO, they just use their regular draw app for flow charts too.

  Now, if there was sombody that was interested in creating a fantastic flow app and maintaining it, maybe it should stay, but...

  In short, I don't see any good reason to keep it.

REPOSITORY
  R8 Calligra

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D25254