D19216: Karbon: Enable multi page capability

Dag Andersen noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Mar 7 11:32:22 GMT 2019

danders added a comment.

  In D19216#421689 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D19216#421689>, @rjvbb wrote:

  > >   That is actual a valid point, although in say Krita with transparent pixels a checkerboard is shown.
  >
  > Heh, I've had the opportunity to work closely with professional infographists so I picked up a thing or two about using applications like Illustrator and InDesign :)
  >
  > How to indicate a transparent area of an object is yet another subject, with a related but not identical purpose.
  >
  > >   That said it might make more sense for this "testing background" to be part of the document and not a general setting - if the use case is as you say then the testing background would also be different for different projects
  >
  > True. I was reacting to *re*moving a setting completely, not to moving it to a more appropriate context.

  Ok, after another rethink...
  It starts to make sence if karbon is used not as an odg editor but as an svg editor.
  Let's say you create an icon that should be shown on certain background color(s), it would be a help if you could check your design aginst those colors.
  In his case you are not concerned with wysiwyg or printing  as you would be with an odg document.

REPOSITORY
  R8 Calligra

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D19216