D15428: [textlayout] Don't enter infinite loop when table is misfit

Camilla Boemann noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Dec 17 12:08:04 GMT 2018

boemann added a comment.

  Still not the description i was looking for. I want to know what the extreme case is and what the resulting document should look like when we give up:

  A table without header rows and that doesn't fit  will be layouted and shown in pieces

  What I want to know is: What should we do?.

  1. Should we not show the header rows- it will leave the user without context but at least the user will get to see normal rows
  2. should we layout one line past the headerrows even though that will never be visible on the printed paper (and then nothing interesting will ever be visible) - Should we then show the table at all instead of 100s of pages with just headerrows until we have disposed of all the contents one line at a time.

  You see - to me - it's not at all clear what it is we are trying to accomplish

REPOSITORY
  R8 Calligra

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D15428