[Maniphest] [Commented On] T3755: Kexi API docs missing in the calligra section

kossebau (Friedrich W. H. Kossebau) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Sep 20 12:05:28 BST 2016

kossebau added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/T3755#55412, @staniek wrote:

  > Are we sure?
  >
  > For example KDevelop has kdevplatform https://api.kde.org/extragear-api/kdevelop-apidocs/index.html, just released yesterday, but Calligra does not:
  >
  > https://api.kde.org/bundled-apps-api/calligra-apidocs/

  This is because the pages generated below kdevelop-apidocs include both repos kdevelop and kdevplatform. The script there is not run on each repo separately, but run at the checkout of both.
  But only kdevplatform has a Mainpage.dox file. So by that old kdelibs script system of just generating documentation for things in the folders below the deepest Mainpage.dox files this results in what can be seen.

  The script also used to do the same before with the repos krita, kexi & calligra, generating all documentation for all of them in one go below calligra-apidocs.
  Which of course resulted in a mess, due to the forked classes and also was wrong with krita no longer being a Calligra project.
  So @winterz on my request changed the setup to generate the documentation for all three repos separately. Due to kexi having KUndo duplicated and also having a different code layout, I decided against still generating kexi & calligra docs together.

  The only thing still missing for that setup is being listed on https://api.kde.org/other.php

  But indeed this is just for now, as intermediate solution. Someone  needs to look into a future-proof setup for the separate contributor-oriented complete source-code covering generation of API dox. Not me, too much to do already, only available for giving over-smart comments ;)

  @staniek I would recommend to move src/Mainpage.dox to the toplevel dir (and adopting the EXCLUDE entry). Because right now this results in the additional subsection "Kexi" on https://api.kde.org/bundled-apps-api/kexi-apidocs/ without any use.

TASK DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/T3755

EMAIL PREFERENCES